What information we collect and how we collect it
Why and how we use your information
How long we keep your information
How we share your information
Your rights on the information we hold about you
Security – how we keep your information safe
How to contact us
The Data controller is Forum Mediation
Information We Collect
In order to provide our services and for the other purposes set out in Use of Information below, we collect and process Personal Data from the users. We may collect the following information
• Personal information (for example, your name, email address, mailing address, phone numbers, date of birth and address)
• Sensitive Personal Data (e.g. details of your children, finances, health issues, criminal or court orders)
• Mediation attendance information
• Safeguarding incidents
From time to time and as permitted by applicable law(s), we may collect Personal Data about you and update any existing Personal Data that we currently hold from other third-party sources.
We collect your information from:
Referrals forms from our website
Referrals from organisations e.g. Family Solicitors, Citizens Advice Bureau
We may also collect information from telephone conversations, emails and written and verbal communications and from records of any sessions.
Use of Information
Your Personal Data may be used in the following ways:
To provide our services to you
To respond to your requests and inquiries
To improve our services, for example
To request your participation in surveys, or other initiatives which help us to gather information used to develop and enhance our services
To comply with applicable law(s) (for example, to comply with a court order or to report a safeguarding issue) or to carry out professional ethics/conduct investigations
To enable us to provide, to maintain our own accounts and records and to support and manage our employees.
Consent and lawful Processing of data
Our legitimate interests, which include processing such Personal Data for the purposes of :
• providing and enhancing the provision of our services.
• administration and programme delivery
• for dealing with medical needs - any information you provide we must have had explicit consent to use.
• all other cases: that it is necessary for our legitimate interests.
Sharing and Disclosure to Third Parties
We may disclose your Personal Data to third parties from time-to-time under the following circumstances:
• You request or authorise the disclosure of your personal details to a third party. (e.g. your solicitor, pension actuary)
• The information is disclosed as permitted by applicable law(s) and/or in order to comply with applicable law(s) (for example, to comply with a search warrant or court order).
• Hosting providers for the secure storage and transmission of your data
• Legal and compliance consultants, such as external counsel, external auditors
• Technology providers who assist in the development and management of our web properties
Parents and Children
If the person about whom we are holding information is below 18 then we will need to seek consent from the parent or legal guardian if consent is required.
Data will to be kept securely and destroyed securely as per the Family Mediation Council regulations.
Subject Access/User Rights
As a user, you are subject to the following rights:
• The right to be informed of the use of your Personal Data
• The right to access and/or to require the correction or erasure of your Personal Data
• The right to block and/or object to the processing of your Personal Data
• The right to not be subject to any decision based solely on automated processing of your Personal Data
• In limited circumstances, you may have the right to receive Personal Data in a format which may be transmitted to another entity.
You may seek to exercise any of these rights by updating your information online (where possible) or by sending a written request to Forum Mediation, c/o The Percy Community Centre, New King Street, Bath BA1 2BN.
We are working to protect your personal information that we hold, its confidentially, integrity and availability.
• We review our information collection, storage and processing practices, including physical security measures, to guard against unauthorized access to systems.
• We restrict access to personal information to Staff and Volunteers subject to strict contractual confidentiality obligations and may be disciplined or terminated if they fail to meet these obligations.
• We have Security Information Policy in place which defines the measures we take to protect your personal information. We use a combination of technology and procedures to ensure that our paper and computer systems are protected, monitored and are recoverable.
• We only use third party service providers where we are satisfied that they provide adequate security for your personal data.
Compliance and cooperation with regulatory authorities
Website Contact Form
By filling in the contact form with their Data, the User authorizes this Website to use these details to reply to requests for information, quotes or any other kind of request as indicated by the form's header.
Personal Data collected: email address, name and phone number. None of these are stored on our website's database.
Hosting and backend infrastructure
This type of service has the purpose of hosting Data and files that enable this Website to run and be distributed as well as to provide a ready-made infrastructure to run specific features or parts of this Website.
We care about your privacy and believe in transparency. That's why we are committed to being upfront about our privacy practices. We only collect personal information necessary to deliver our services and we handle it carefully and sensibly.
How to Contact Us
Please call Forum Mediation on 01225 429411 or email us email@example.com